The UGC(University Grants Commission) proposes that every institution should have an Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC) for performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation & quality improvement. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC of Hira Lal Ram Niwas PG College has become a part of an integral part and is working towards realizing the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the performance of institutions & also channelizing the efforts towards academic excellence. The success of IQAC depends upon the sense of belongingness and participation. IQAC is a statutory, facilitative and participative system/unit/organ of the institution. IQAC in Hira Lal Ram Niwas PG College is acting as a vehicle for ushering in quality by working out intervention strategies to remove deficiencies and enhance quality.
Objectives of IQAC
The Primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
The credibility of evaluation procedures.
Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Functions of IQAC are as follows
- To design feedback system considering college output to adjust its performance to meet the desired output response.
- To recommend enhancing research facilities & other infrastructure.
- To recommend strategies adopted for teaching learning process.
- To conduct the internal audits, to work out the mechanism for timely, efficient and periodic progressive performance of Academic & Administrative activities on regular basis.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes / activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning.
- To act as a change agent in the institution.
- To improve internal communication.